- What was a leisure time activity, that was watched by an audience and Titus?
- What were the origins of leisure time?
- Where did people discover flutes and how many?
- Which one was a very rich and well educated tribe?
- What was the major leisure activity in ancient Israel?
- What was combined with the religious festivals in ancient Greek?
- In the first century AD how many public holidays were there?
- What does the term “Renaissance“ mean?
- Which writers through that plays were important for the education?
- What led to a strike limitation on leisure and recreation?
- Which people wanted to have more leisure time?
- What did owners in the Southern colonies try to do with their slaves?
- What did the Puritan settlers want to do in New England?
- Did settlers in American colonies in the 17th century have enough leisure?
- Why did the American population increase so fast?
- How did the hours people had to work change between 1860 and 1910?
- What did many Americans think about hard work?
- Why could people think about their leisure time in the last half of the 19th century?
- What was popular in the first half of the 19th century?
- What did schools do in the 1850s?
- Which commercial amusement existed in the 19th century?
- What are the names of the 4 major streams?
- When did these movements/ developments happen?
- What were the first two important voluntary organizations for children and youth?
- Think of the Boston San Garden: What did citizens do, to create a safe place for children to play?
- What ethnicities/minorities did the Americans discriminate against?
- Where was the first metropolitan park system?
- How many recreation movement pioneers were there?
- Name at least one reason for the great depression!
- When did the US join World War II?
- What did the US government do?
- Which change challenged the American mentality?
- Why was there so much concern about movies and stage performances?
- What was done to reduce juvenile delinquency?