Think about the following questions:
- What do you personally consider as art?
- How would you define culture?
- When do you think culture and art started? Is there a starting point at all?
- What do you think is the purpose of art? Has this purpose changed from the past to now?
- What is considered as the first form of art? What do you remember from your history lessons?
I could draw almost anything in the world and you’d probably guess what it was, but there must have been some point in our human story when we first got this ability, some moment in time when we began to create pictures and to understand what they meant. So what happened back then? How did we first get this ability to create images? To find the answer, we need to go way back in time.